Thursday, October 13, 2022

Hello Collectors

This is my first post in what I hope turns into a place when I can get away from the stress and grind of my job and daily life and put into words my thoughts, likes, dislikes of collecting cards. I was hardcore into collecting as a child through my first couple years of college. I stopped around 2005 and got back into like many during COVID of 2020. Much has happened to me in the 15 years I was not in the hobby. Graduated college, got into a career (though a stressful one), got married, got divorced; you know the usual growing up and becoming an adult stuff. 

So 2020/COVID/Marriage separation was not a fun year for me personally. During the fall of that year I got back into collecting as a distraction and then realized what I loved about it so much.  The hunt of working on a set. Collecting as many cards of your favorite player. Hitting a huge card when opening packs. There are so many ways to go about it that make it so fun, I have a hard time narrowing down what I enjoy about it so much. So in the two years since I got back into the hobby, I have realized what my favorite things are to do. Collect Ryan Zimmerman, Set Building, Collect Nationals Prospects, and a dabble of investing/holding for the future. 

A few holdovers from 2005 and new purchases in 2020. 

Moving forward I'm going to discuss anything that really comes to my mind with collecting, the nationals (and nats minor league teams), work, and any personal adventures. Thank you for reading and continue to do what makes you happy and a better person =)

PS. I have a TCDB profile and make plenty of trades and always looking to unload commons even if it looks like a bad deal for me. TCDB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stadium Club / PC Additions / 1st Table

  First post in a few weeks. Busy time of year with work, holidays, and now some unexpected health issues have popped up that have kept me i...