Tuesday, October 18, 2022

TCDB Trades - Zimm #/10 - Stammen

Been a good week for some acquisitions. Still working on my early 80's Topps sets. I have managed to get pretty lucky to this point by building my sets by purchasing some big lots off of different social media sites and making trades by sending ultra modern for 80's cards.

I got a few more 1981's to add to the collection. Condition is not a big deal to me when dealing with these cards. These are for me and my son to enjoy when he comes of age. If I want to create a more pristine set in the future then I will, but for now I just want to get my hands on one to complete the sets. 

Got these from...Lets say his name is Chris. Traded me 3 hof's. Very grateful for those.


Got these from...Lets say his name is Jeremy. He threw in an extra, the Bill Robinson. The Bill Lee is slightly missed cut but I told Jeremy I didn't mind at all. I traded away some 1981 Fleer's I had for trade. 

Got these from a few Ebay purchases. The Gypsy is serial number #/10!! Got a really good deal on it. With Chrome just releasing some of the other parallels are being looked over which is good for me. Imma wait a few months for the market to die down before I get a few of the parallels. 


I was watching this auction play out two days ago and it shot up from $8 to this in the last 20 seconds. This is not a $127 card, but I did get a chuckle realizing I'll get this card for less than $20 in the future. 



Looking ahead to the NLCS, as a Nationals fan I do have a rooting interest in this. Got Soto on one side, Bryce on the other. However it is more than that. Josh Bell is on the Padres. Schwarber is on the Phillies, but there is relief pitcher for the Padres that is hurt I'm hoping gets a ring. That is Craig Stammen. 

Craig Stammen came up with the Nats during the rebuild in the early 2010's. He came up as a starter but moved to the bullpen when he failed to go deep into games. He turned into the long relief guy and was very instrumental in the early success of the Nats when they made their first few post seasons. He got hurt during the 2015 season,missed a whole season, and signed with the Padres. He has now been with the Padres in the same role he had with the Nats and also went through the rebuild with them. Though my hatred for Harper has diminished over time, I'm hoping the Padres can pull it out so little ole Craig can get a ring.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stadium Club / PC Additions / 1st Table

  First post in a few weeks. Busy time of year with work, holidays, and now some unexpected health issues have popped up that have kept me i...