Tuesday, October 25, 2022

CSA Dulles Expo Center

 Little late to post this. So this past weekend I went to the CSA Show at the Dulles Expo Center in Fairfax, VA. I work in Fairfax and live about 45 mins from here so I try to attend at least one of the days when the show is in town. Also I'm pretty sure I caught a/the norovirus this weekend at the show but I'm coming around now as I'm finally feeling good enough to go to work tomorrow.

I went in with $200 in cash. I go to these usually looking for any 80s wax boxes, Ryan Zimmerman Cards I don't own, and sets I'm working on. It didn't exactly turn out that way because my most expensive purchase wasn't even a baseball card. 

This was the only photo I took while at the show. But there are like 300 sellers there any numerous signings going on. It is kinda a mad house. I got there around 12:15 and it was really busy. I left around 3:00 and it was much tamer by then. 




I got 2002 Stadium Club Pujols for $20. After checking comps I seen the prices vary so I figured I would get it since Stadium Club is my favorite set and I don't have this card. 


These are some 1968's I picked up to work on that set. Condition is not great on many of these but that isn't a big concern to me. 


The Zimmerman's I picked up. Nothing special. A few parallels and a relic.


This was actually my most expensive purchase. A vintage button for the Washington Senators/Nationals. I ended up paying $40 for it. IDK if I over payed or not, but when I saw it I knew I wanted it. So I made the purchase. I got it displayed with my vintage Nationals collection. 

Overall the show is so-so for the type of collector I am. When it comes to vintage, CSA is the best shows I've seen. When it comes for looking for Zimmerman/Nationals cards (not including Soto) it is slim pickings even though we are in the shadow of Washington DC. I made a little small talk with a few of the sellers and I'm not really one to haggle on prices since I'm not buying any high priced items. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stadium Club / PC Additions / 1st Table

  First post in a few weeks. Busy time of year with work, holidays, and now some unexpected health issues have popped up that have kept me i...